Emergency Response Plan
The Emergency Response Plan (ERP) constitutes a fundamental legal obligation of the employer (Law 3850/2010, article 30, paragraph. 1). ERP should be updated and regularly tested through drills, so as in the event of emergency to ensure safe escape of employees and third parties.
Specifically, the ERP contains:
- Establishment of the Emergency Response Team.
- Procedures referring to the preparation of personnel actions to be followed in case of emergency and the organizational structure required.
- Processes per emergency incident, such as fire, earthquake, terrorist or malicious action, etc.
- Instructions to employees.
- Documentation for readiness drills.
- Documentation for training of Emergency Response Team.
- Floor plans where escape routes, emergency exits and firefighting means are designated.
Thousands of installations of any kind in Greece, such as factories, construction projects, warehouses, offices, concert conducting phases, wind turbines installations and even ships have trusted Ergonomia for drawing up Emergency Response Plans.
To support companies in handling emergencies, Ergonomia provides the following services:
- Emergency plan drawing, which includes provisions for all possible contingencies to be recognized, such as fire, natural disasters, earthquake, terrorist threat, sabotage, robbery, etc.
- Escape routes definition, evacuation plan development and drawing the floor plan.
- Training of emergency management team in the implementation of the plan, firefighting process and providing First Aid.
- Checking of fire-fighting equipment.
- Safety signage studies regarding escape routes and fire fighting.
- Support in conducting readiness drills.
The benefits of SDEA for the company are significant and include:
- Compliance with fundamental legal obligation.
- Prevention of accidents to employees, visitors and customers.
- Prevention of extensive damage in the workplace and the surroundings.
- Optimal management of crucial events and coordination with the external emergency services (e.g. ambulance service, fire brigade, police).
- Optimal treatment of major incident consequences, through counseling from psychologists of Ergonomia, specialized in providing support after critical incidents (see HR Support Programs - EAP).
- Enhancement of workers sense of safety and commitment to company.
- Providing knowledge in dealing with emergencies, even for use outside the workplace.
- Indication of corporate responsibility towards employees, customers, third parties and the company shareholders.