MACHINERY CE MARKING
Ergonomia having a considerable technical expertise in the field of Machinery Safety can provide consulting services in all scopes and phases of Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC) compliance, leading to a Declaration of conformity and CE marking.
The services include the following:
- Compilation of machinery technical file and machinery risk assessment.
- Machinery safety upgrades advisory support.
- Machinery electrical safety compliance assessment and electrical testing.
- Compilation of machinery instructions for use.
The team of Engineers of the Industrial Safety Dpt that could participate at machinery safety studies, consists of the following disciplines:
- Six (6) Mechanical Engineers
- Five (5) Electrical Engineers
- Two (2) Automation Engineers
- Two (2) Ergonomists
- One (1) Industrial Systems Design Engineer
It is a company’s strategic choice to constantly improve engineers’ training and keep up with the latest developments in the field of Industrial Safety in general. In this context, the Machinery Safety Projects manager has attended a 16-week Professional Development course provided jointly by Teesside University and TUV SUD in the UK, leading to the University Certificate in Professional Development (UCPD): ‘’European Machinery Safety Requirements’’. Ergonomia having gained serious experience using international standards can accomplish complex machinery safety projects internationally.
MACHINERY SAFETY ASSESSMENTS
Businesses and employers operating machinery within the EU are obliged by current European legislation to ensure the safe use of that machinery by their employees.
A machine is regarded as safe to use if it meets the essential health and safety requirements set out by the European Work Equipment Directive (2009/104/EC). The Directive applies to all machinery, both old and new.
The owner of a machine must assess whether or not it conforms to the Directive requirements, a task which can require a considerable amount of time, knowledge of complex standards and possibly testing with specialized instruments.
Ergonomia can perform this assessment on behalf of the owner by providing the following services:
- Machinery electrical testing and thermo graphic surveys.
- Gap analysis for safety requirements which are imposed from Machinery and Work Equipment Directives.
- Machinery safety signs application.
- Lock-Οut/Tag-Οut systems (LO/TO).
MACHINERY SAFETY TRAINING SERVICES
Machinery and Work Equipment Directives require, training of all personnel in the safe use of equipment and machinery. Ergonomia can provide specialized safety training with experienced instructors to:
- Safe use and maintenance of machinery and work equipment.
- Training on Lock-Οut/Tag-Οut procedures (LO-TO).
The above training can either be provided in workplaces or via WEBINAR.
Ergonomia uses an internationally renowned specialized software for compiling machinery risk assessments. The software gives the ability to categorize interventions on machinery and manage them optimally, providing the customer with useful and easy to use guidelines for machinery safety compliance.