Safety Officer in Constructions
According to the Presidential Decree 17/96, the obligation to employ a Safety Officer has been expanded to include contractors and construction consortia with even one salaried.
The Safety Officer documents hers/his findings in the "Recommendations Book" and the foreman of the construction site has to acknowledge them in writing.
- Consulting in the planning of work, the selection of the Personal Protective Equipment, the safe design of work places within the site and the prevention of occupational accidents
- Inspections on the safety of equipment, power motor vehicles and work methods
- Supervision of the site safety and health conditions, the implementation of safety measure and tactical auditing of every work setting
- Documentation of hers/ his findings - Reporting to the employer upon safety gaps
- Accident Investigation
- Site Emergency Plan drafting and the conduct of emergency drills
- Employees' awareness on the occupational risks they are exposed to
- Contributes to the training plan of the employees
- Liaise with the Occupational Phsysician