The Safety Officer services provided by Ergonomia offer significant added value to any business by preventing workplace accidents and by contributing to the application of good health and safety practices and the creation of a safe and comfortable work environment. These services include all duties postulated by relevant regulations in Greece.
The provision of Safety Officer services is one of the main employer’s duties (Law 3850/2010) for businesses. The Safety Officer’s role is advisory, and if required submits proposals to management in oral or in writing which are recorded in the special log-book authorised by the labour inspectorate. The employer takes notice of these written proposals by proof of signature.
He/she visits all premises on an annually pre-defined schedule notified to the labour inspectorate in advance and posted in the premise. The minimum hours the Safety Officer spends at each premise is determined by its manpower and the risk rating of the work activities.
Safety Officer Services:
- Ensuring the safety of the workplace, manufacturing procedures and human activities
- Inspecting the working conditions and the application of the safety measures and compiling a report with any observations to notify the employer
- Prescribing the planning of human activity
- Investigating the causes of accidents
- Supervising fire and alarm evacuation exercises
- Informing the employees of any workplace hazards
- Participating in the realization and application of training plans
In addition to the above services, Ergonomia can:
- Carry out measurements of physical and chemical measurements as well as gas pollutants. Measurements are done by our trained engineers with using certified equipments.
- Complete a full Occupational Risk Assessment (ORA) of the workplace and the Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
Choosing an Ergonomia’s Safety Officer
Ergonomia, with 30 years experience in Occupational Health and Safety, is capable of providing Safety Officer services to your enterprise through a Pan-Hellenic network which is guided, checked and supported by senior executives in order to be able to effectively prevent occupational hazards and prevent accidents.
Benefits of Ergonomia’s Safety Officer:
The benefits of choosing Ergonomia’s Safety Officer services are many including:
- Efficient legal compliance
- Minimization of accidents in the workplace
- Promoting employee’s loyalty and a “caring for its employees” corporate profile since the caring of the business for its employees is actively demonstrated